Sunday, June 1, 2014

WITH UNDERSTANDING

I woke up yesterday with this chorus on my mind, "I belong to You." That was all I  knew, no other words except for those.  I knew it was a song by William McDowell but I refused to listen to  it for the entire day.  I allowed it to dock within my mind. I provided a place within my soul, permitting this chorus to replay every so often.

I went to sleep and awoke the following morning at  approximately 5:30 with the very same song playing in my mind.  I got  my laptop and entered my study attempting to write another book, but all I kept hearing was those words, "I belong to You." I discontinued my typing because at this point I realized that my spiritual man was reaching out to its Creator, Elohim.

I had a moment of silence and during this time, God began to minister unto me.  He showed me in a few minutes  my life, all that I have given up for His glory.  He showed unto me my job, my marriage, my identity and all that He had required of me until my onlookers viewed me  from a different perspective.  He showed me the pain that I've suffered, the things I've offered unto Him, the people, including family whom I  have released for more of Him, the ridicule and the shame, the mockery and rejection, all of this God showed me in a short time.  Immediately thereafter I heard the chorus again, "I belong to You."

There was an unction by the Spirit of God  for me to search for the song on You Tube.  I found it along with the lyrics and after singing the first stanza, I understood the cry of my spiritual man.  Through it all, it was not that great of a loss, the shame and mockery minute, the rejection viewed as something needed and the separation as something required to establish intimacy with Him.  My spiritual man was ministering unto me, explaining to me that I went through it all because I fell in love with God and nothing else mattered.  I am so glad that I delayed in singing the song by William McDowell because now, I can sing it with the understanding, for truly I belong to God.  I don't belong to my mother and father, I don't belong to an employer, I don't belong to my spouse, I don't belong to my spiritual following, I belong to God.  With understanding I sing this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_SAicpExI

No comments:

Post a Comment