Thursday, February 5, 2015

LEAH AND RACHEL

(An excerpt from Moving Beyond Rejection) Copyright by Pro Type

LEAH AND RACHEL

He left me for the one who was before
He left me because she was offering him more
I gave him my heart
I gave him my life
Yet Leah and I had continuous strife

Jacob, my love, come and lay with me
My soul is crying out  for you
Can’t you hear me
I am alone in my tent waiting for you
I am sad, I feel empty, I feel so blue
Laughter I can hear from the tent next door
I have tried so hard, yet I am unable to give
You more

God have You forgotten to open up my womb
Leah has my lover, my husband and a
Happy home
I can’t bear the pain of this emptiness that
I now feel
Jacob is in Leah’s tent although I know his
Love for me is real

He has left me once again to go to Leah’s tent
Happily Jacob leaves me, as if he was sent
Empty and alone, my heart aches within
My jealousy is so strong, it is an unwanted sin

Rejection has attacked my heart
My mind and my soul
My anger toward Jacob, I can no longer withhold
“Give me children or else I  die!”
Words I said to Jacob because it was my soul’s cry
Years lived in sorrow because Jacob was deceived
Then God finally remembered me
And Joseph I conceived.



No comments:

Post a Comment