Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The New Life

I thought I was living the new life in Christ when I accepted Him as my personal Lord and Saviour. It was only my initiation. Not until I decided to let everything go that represented my image of myself, and tear down my self erected idol that I began to live the new life. Unless we decide to completely die unto ourselves, which is to let EVERYTHING GO, we are yet to experience kingdom living in Christ Jesus. Remember no flesh can inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 15:50 - "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."  Because of this, everything that represents YOU must die so that Christ lives in you and likewise you in Him - Philippians 1:21 - "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain". This is the new life and the true meaning of being born again. How can you experience the new birth when you are yet to die unto yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment