Monday, April 29, 2013

By Sacrifice

I have discovered that some of my best dishes prepared for dinner were those meals that I honestly did not feel like cooking because I was either too tired or was not hungry.  I prepared the meals unwillingly, because I knew that my spouse or my children needed a meal before ending their day.  Surprisingly, those meals came out quite delicious.  I prepared those meals by sacrifice.  My mind was practically shut down from the cares of the day, my body physically exhausted because of work.  However  I knew that in spite of how I felt, those meals needed to be prepared.

This is the same kind of mindset we should have with our prayers, with our worship, with our praise unto Elohim.  Often times we are too tired to lift up our hands and radically praise God, but we must do so by sacrifice because we know that Elohim inhabits the praises of His people.  We should worship by sacrifice and boast on the goodness of our Supreme God in spite of our challenges and circumstances because we know that there is no greater God.  We must also possess this type of attitude and sacrificially attend the House of God for fellowship with the saints, simply because God has been faithful to give us soundness of mind and mobility of our limbs.

The same convictions that compels us to please our employers, our spouses, our friends and whomsoever  we esteem as important, must also compel us to push even harder to sacrifice to please our Saviour and Lord.  Elohim God loves sacrifices.  We no longer offer bullocks and lambs, we don't need to physically die on a cross but we must continuously offer ourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable which is God's good and perfect and acceptable will for our lives and relationship with Him - Romans 12:1.  It must be by sacrifice....What have you given up for God that can be esteemed as a sacrifice to demonstrate how much you appreciate Elohim's faithfulness towards you?  Does your God deserve a greater sacrifice from you than that which you have given up for man?  It must be by sacrifice - "And the king said unto Araunah, nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing......" 2 Samuel 24:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment